Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Steps

Tonight (yes, while Michael was on call), Annabelle took her first steps! She stood up and then took one step closer to me as she was reaching for the pen I was using. Then she sat down on the ND Lady Irish catalog that I was perusing, so I moved her away. Bella stood up again, took one step, and sat in front of me again. It's as if she was thinking "Mommy's paying attention to this, so if I sit right here, then she'll pay attention to me!"

Gabi, who was already in bed, cheered from the other end of the house when she heard me asking if Bella was starting to walk. I then took Annabelle and the video camera back to the bedroom hallway so that Gabi (and eventually Daddy, when he got home) could see Annabelle's first steps. I'll have to post that video later. She's just taking one step at a time, so I wouldn't call it "walking" just yet, but that's where you begin. She's figured out the shifting of her weight so she can lift one leg. It's very cute! And perhaps more exciting than this weekend's start to Notre Dame football season 2008. ;-)

5 comments:

Mikey said...

Hooray for Bella!

Boo for call!

Anonymous said...

yoo hoo !!!!! Cannot wait to see her run............. Trouble......curious .....unafraid....... Lolo and Lola

magda said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR BELLA!

Lissa said...

Now that we've seen the game... Bella learning to walk is DEFINITELY more exciting than the beginning of another [long] football season.