Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Autumn Travels

We've been out-of-town often this Fall. I spent Labor Day in Houston before our family trip to Disney World. We all traveled to Texas in October so Michael could take an exam for work, and then Gramma Jane watched the girls so I could accompany Michael to DC for a work convention. We watched an Irish victory in San Antonio on Halloween while the girls trick-or-treated with cousins in Dallas, and finally we took a family trip to see the Notre Dame campus. During my recent travels, I was able to meet up with many old friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in many years.

Houston, TX

Melissa and George in the Orion mock-up in the NASA high-bay

Arlington, TX

Grampa reading the girls a bedtime story


Gabi says, "Hey! Grampa, you're being silly!"


Gramma Jane helped Gabi find caterpillars in the garden


Uncle Brian and Bella check out a caterpillar


Bella being shy


Uncle Brian with his nieces


Allison, my friend since we both moved to Arlington at age 3 (almost 4)

Washington, DC

Jenny, Melissa, and Lisa


Michael and Stephen, old college roommates


Amy, my friend from junior high


Abbey, my best friend and neighbor from elementary school

San Antonio, TX

Melissa, Christina, and Evan


Christina and Evan


Cousin Leah's family


Leah, Melissa, and little Patrick


Little Patrick and Melissa


Old friends from fifth and sixth grades


At Stephanie's house


Hugo, a fellow computer science major from Notre Dame


Notre Dame friends: Cynthia (and Jacob), George, Michael, and Cathy


The ND band made a space shuttle blast across the field to land on the moon


Deep in the heart of Texas


Old college roommate pose


Visiting before heading back home

Dallas, TX

My cousin Mark and one of his twin girls (Lily, I think)


The other twin (Hannah, I think) with Uncle Patrick and Aunt Ashley


My cousins (and Hannah and Lily's two godmothers), Anda and Ashley


Ashley's son Joseph peeking at his cousin

Notre Dame, IN
The following weekend, Michael and I took the girls up to Notre Dame. I'll save those pictures for the next post.

No comments: