Monday, October 6, 2008

Wicked

For my birthday, Michael took me to Chicago to see the musical Wicked. Our college friend Cynthia and her boyfriend, Jacob, joined us. We ate at a fancy restaurant where the waiter brought us black napkins to replace the standard white ones when we walked in wearing black dresses (so we wouldn't get white lint on our clothes). Dinner was delicious, the company was entertaining, and the show was fantastic. I read the book Wicked a year or two ago, and the musical was a great stage adaptation with a different ending. The evening was a perfect birthday celebration.


Melissa and Michael in our hotel room before the show


Cynthia and her boyfriend, Jacob


Michael commented that Jacob looks like Hugh Grant. Cynthia and I agree.


Jacob, Cynthia, Melissa, and Michael relaxing on our hotel couch


Happy couple dressed up for the show


Walking down the block to see Wicked


(By the way, thanks to my mother-in-law for the awesome hotel room!)

2 comments:

Uncle Brian said...

I hope you enjoyed it! Myself, I thought Wicked was great.

Mikey said...

"We ate at such an up-scale restaurant that the waiter brought us black napkins to replace the standard white ones when we walked in wearing black dresses."

Personally, I don't remember walking in wearing a black dress.