Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chuck E Cheese

On Gabi's birthday, I took her to Chuck E Cheese for lunch after school. Some of our friends from church and some neighbors joined us, and we had a great time. The [big] kids very quickly figured out how the tokens worked.


Gabi and Bella riding a train


Choo-choo!


Riding the car was a favorite


Even more exciting once the workers fixed the camera's printer!


Gabi also tried out the Bob-the-Builder truck


Birthday Girl

I took a Moms' class at church this Spring, and the first mom that I connected with was Trish, who has two boys about my girls' ages. We both moved to Little Rock this summer (they're from Florida), and we've been getting together with the kids every Friday to explore what the area has to offer for kids. RJ is in full-day PreK, so he couldn't join us for Gabi's birthday lunch, but two-year-old Preston came.


Preston and Gabi riding in the car


Another mom from the Moms' class, Adrienne, has recently been meeting us for our Friday morning playdates. Her children are Isabella, who just turned 3, and Alex, who is 1. (It can be a bit confusing with two Bellas around.) They will soon be moving to a house down the street from us! We will love having them in the neighborhood.


Isabella's smile






Isabella's brother, Alex


Our other friend who met us a Chuck E Cheese is Allison, who lives in the house immediately next door to Adrienne's new house. I met her last summer at the neighborhood swimming pool. Benjamin is 5, Lainey is 3, and Charlie is almost 9 months old.


Lainey's basketball toss








Lainey's big brother, Benjamin

Thanks to all our friends who came and made Gabi's birthday lunch special!


Bella reaching for the air hockey


Giddy-up!


Bella found somewhere to store her shoes

After playing at Chuck E Cheese, we drove to the airport to pick up Lola and then headed home to collect Gabi's dance clothes. However, that must have been too much car ride after I let Gabi drink root beer, because she threw up on the way to dance class. I do hope vomiting in the car is a birthday tradition that she does not continue! Last year, Gabi had told me that her tummy was full and she didn't want dinner. This year, she warned me by saying that her heart hurt. Hopefully she'll soon learn to say that she's feeling sick to her stomach, although I'm glad that she hasn't felt sick often enough to recognize the feeling yet.

Speaking of being sick, poor little Annabelle just woke up and called "Mommy." Since Lolo and Lola put her to bed (they were watching the girls while Michael and I had a date), I went in to assure her that I was here. She smelled like vomit and threw up on me. Poor baby! So we've had plenty of that in this house for a while.

1 comment:

TheCeiba said...

Happy Birthday Gabi!!!!!!!!!! You're a BIG Girl and super smart. I saw that experiement your mom did on you and you did great!!!!